CALL TO ARTISTS: Leave Your Legacy in Sparta
The Art in SpARTa Street Art Review Committee, on behalf of the Sparta Downtown Development Authority, is now calling on artists to submit concepts for murals to be raised during the 2013 summer in downtown Sparta.
Murals selected by the Art in SpARTa Street Art Review Committee are chosen based on their coherence in design and relevance to Sparta. No restrictions in terms of content will be used in the selection process.
Concepts submitted for selection will include the following materials:
1. B&W or color sketch of mural concept, approximately 8.5” x 11”
2. Summary of concept (one paragraph)
3. Artist resume, including contact information (one page)
Concepts submitted to the following address, postmarked by March 30, 2013:
Art in SpARTa Committee
PO Box 142
Sparta, MI 49345
Artists whose concepts make the second round may be asked to submit a detailed color maquette, approx. 24” x 36” (due April 30, 2013).
Artists whose murals are selected for raising by the Art in SpARTa Street Art Review Committee shall receive the following compensation:
1. A one time royalty of $1,000 upon completion of the mural. (Note that the Sparta DDA provides the artist with all paint, equipment, location and materials for the painting of the mural.)
The licensing agreement signed between the artist and the Sparta DDA may be found online at www.spartami.org.
2. Marketing of the artist and the mural in the form of a page on the Village of Sparta website devoted to the artist and the mural, including a connecting link to the artist’s website, as well as promotion generated by the Art in SpARTa Street Art Review Committee to introduce the artist and mural to the public.
Please contact the Sparta DDA Director with questions about the call to artists or the Art in SpARTa program.
ddadirector (at) spartami.org